Thursday, September 10, 2009

Update and more info.

Good evening folks,

Well another week closer to season kick off.

Stripped the chariot and sent the frame to Murph the magician to replace a few bent pieces, well it would appear that a couple of bent spuds is not all that was wrong, it appears the front end needs minor realignment, so off to Coxy's it goes for straightening, another weeks delay, not sure the old car may not be rebadged from 45 to 77 and run at the first 2 meetings this year.
All the trick bits from the US have turned up so both Gavin and I have a mission to get it all together in time, I have a fallback plan at least, Gavin rumour has it may need to lease Norby's car for the first couple of meetings, rumour also has it he is home from the bush soon, a couple of days in the shed and he may just get his own car ready.

Before you here it from others Mrs Crabbe has purchased her motor home, she sent me off for a driving test and I decided a HR license was for me, no lessons, I know trucks, well I had it shot to pieces and was taking the assessor back to the driving school when I missed a gear, no problem I thought, just stop the truck and put it in first and start again, not with this instructor, he said anyone who had to stop a truck and recover with a synchro box should not be let loose on the road, lucky I knew he was an ex copper or I may have offered him a bribe, so home I came with tail between my legs and confessed to failing, I have booked a couple of lessons for next week prior to my test.

We still have a lot of drivers with no driver profile and some we know are racing who have not paid their fees, remember no club membership no points.

For those who do not know Norbert is selling all his gear, he has numerous spares, a rolling chassis and a complete car to sell, any interest email me via the web site and I will put you in touch with him.

Keep getting those cars ready, we need more cars for Ellenbrook and if you are coming from the country then head to Kwinana for the Fast Friday the night before Ellenbrook, also note Ellenbrook is a Saturday Twighlight meeting not the normal Sunday day meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will not be displayed immediately as all comments will be reviewed for suitability by our moderators prior to allowing public display.