Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Racing for Sheep Stations.

Hi all,

Who are the people in our club who are racing for sheep stations?
I have heard this many times since joining the club, now it is in a national speedway magazine.

How dare you race so hard, we need to start looking at some of the new buzz words that the education department use, an example is "deferred success", we could use it in our division this way "I did not lose the state title, I have just deferred winning it".

So there is now a class of sprintcars that you can join and defer your success as long as you like.

Thought I might look up the definition of Racing, it appears to mean "A contest of speed" except where you can go and race and have a contest that means you do not have to speed? In fact I guess we cannot call it a contest either, as a contest has a winner, maybe we can have "synchronised sprintcar racing" we could all just stay in order and roll around, we could do it on bitumen and then we would not have to wash our cars either. What is going on out there I ask.

It appears to me to be an easy thing to define:
To race is to try to win, the prize really does not matter, to race for sheep stations or to race to win for no prize at all, if you race you want to win.
Some of us, and I include myself in this, try to win but do not very often, we care but it is not the end of the world, that is racing for fun as well.

So I think the author of the story really meant " We do not race for sheep stations, and by this I mean there are not very many accidents in our division" and I can see how he has come to this conclusion, I reckon it is because there are so few cars in the division that it is hard for any to tangle up.

Come on guys, We don't race for sheep stations? Take up crocheting and knitting will you.

See you at Kwinana on Friday if you can put the knitting down long enough.

Crabby

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will not be displayed immediately as all comments will be reviewed for suitability by our moderators prior to allowing public display.