Saturday, December 5, 2009

I'm in Sydney- Why you ask?

Hi folks,

Janette and I are in sunny Sydney, we flew in early Friday morning, had to get out of bed at 2:30am to make it to the airport on time, sometimes it sucks to live so far away from the city.

So we flew in and headed out to Homebush bay and booked into the Pullman Hotel, not a bad place.

So why are we here?
We are not here for TPCR World Series Sprintcars surprisingly.
We are not here for the V8 Supercars either, although I did spend the whole day there today.

We were here for the Cold Chisel concert, and what a concert it was, they are timeless.
In the words of Jimmy Barnes "we have not played for 25 years, we are just f*&()^%g old bastards" and I know how he feels.
I last saw Cold Chisel at the Belmont Hotel in about 1980, back in the days when I drove a HZ Sandman Panel Van and had hair.

Rob Watson went to Parramata and tells me that Jason Jonson won, Farrell was 4th, not a bad effort.

All our parts have arrived for repairs needed to both cars after Moora.
Wednesday and Thursday are the days I will get my car ready, hope to have it packed into the trailer Thursday afternoon so Friday will be nice and easy.

The new motor ex USA is on its way over, we are sending it straight to the dyno room and fitting up a different type of fuel system, we are putting our faith in Craig Vosbergen and his late model prowess, they run a BG fuel regulator so we think it may be the go.

Looking forward to racing both Kwinana and Bunbury, this will be the best shake down we can get before the muster in January.
Hope the crew is up for some hard work this weekend, we will try a lot of different things especially in the gearing area where we have struggled to get it right, when I say we I really mean me, they have suggested we change gears mid meeting and I keep saying "No it's alright" but they have been right on every occasion, so we will run a lower ratio and try to spin it up more.

Michael Armstrong and Mick are coming down for the weekend, looking forward to see how much Michael has improved, also hoping Caroline gets her motor sorted soon so she can get back onto the track.

Norbert sold both his cars some time back and we are hoping they are on the track soon as well, we really need to get the car numbers up at each meeting.

Well time to go to bed and keep listening to the Cold Chisel Concert in my head.

Catch you later.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will not be displayed immediately as all comments will be reviewed for suitability by our moderators prior to allowing public display.