Thursday, October 1, 2009

Time to start the rebuild.

Hi all,

First some more info on my wrongly painted chassis.

Despite the people admitting they painted the chassis the wrong colour and saying they would fix it for free,when it came time to collect it they wanted full payment a second time.
Negotiated the price down and they gave me the chassis back, the job was absolute crap.
Keep clear of Canning Vale powder coaters.

On a lighter note we put the chassis on the stand ready for reassembly, got out the new magnesium motor plate and the Ti Bolts, the motor plate would not fit, can you believe it, where is the black cat I kicked?
Some quick work on the milling machine and we had an even lighter motor plate that now fits, fitted the floor and sat back to admire the start of the rebirth of the JEI from last year.
This years mission is to have a light car, that will make weight but only just, if you see me eating a hamburger after finishing a race and before weighing in you will know why.
The new panels were painted by Mandurah Panel and Paint and they look fantastic, Gavin, Norbert and Ed are coming down to give me a hand on Sunday so we can meet the tight deadline I am now running to, still pretty certain I will make Fast Friday and then Ellenbrook, Gavin assures me that if I so much as get in the way on Sunday he and his assistants will send me out for coffee and put the car back together with all the old bits, I still have a couple of tricks up my sleeve, I am going to hide all the old bits.
We need to fit up the new body panels, they are slightly different from last years and look absolutely George Jetson ish (Old TV show for you youngsters that have never heard of it), it means space age if you couldn't work it out for yourself.
They came with no holes drilled or anything despite being for a JEI chassis, just another curve ball for me.

We have a new member, he is joining as I type, He, Shane has purchased the Ryan Farrell car, he has also purchased a motor from Jason Bloxsidge and it is in at Chevpower on the dyno getting sorted, another recruit, Shane is also coming down to Aladin's cave on Sunday for a sticky to see if we have more Titanium than him.

Rob Watson has assured me he is going to be at Ellenbrook for the first meeting.
Glen's car is off to the sign writer tomorrow, it will be ready early next week and then it will get its first run at Bunbury on the 24th of October, hope we can get at least 12 cars for this meeting, at the corresponding meeting last year the track was just awesome and fast, you no sooner came out of a turn and got the car straight and it was time to get back into the next turn, Todd Davis will be out for his first run this year on that night as well.

Well time to go and dream of a car assembly that may just go smoothly.

See ya.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will not be displayed immediately as all comments will be reviewed for suitability by our moderators prior to allowing public display.