Monday, April 9, 2012

Geraldton weekend

Hi all,

Long time no blog, but we are coming back.

Well off to Gero we went on a raid to plunder the prizes donated by Super Cheap, we were intent on liberating the bounty for the Southeners.
Led by Mr I always win in Gero and supported by Aldo De Apaoli, Steve Crabbe, Glen Oliver and Ron Wilson.
Time trials were run and us Southeners were looking the goods, Aldo first and Gavin second.
My time came and with much embarrasment I went around at just above idle, my outside front axle held together with 3 turns of 8mm rope, we got a time though so we did not have to run from the rear.
Gavin ran into trouble in heat 1 running into a spun car dropping his driveline out, he missed his heat 2 as well.
Aldo was moving forward each heat but in heat 4 night one he had a mishap with Cale Sotiroff and Ron Wilson, photos of the final resting place of the cars are on the ltd face book page.
Glen's night was over early as well, tagging a spun car and bending the axle on the 45 car.
My night was somewhat better with 3 heat wins and a second, Andrew Pedlar passing me on the 3rd lap after the restart, during the 20 minutes it took to get Cales car off the bank I was hypnotised by water dripping from my wing, I missed all my marks for the rest of that heat.
Going into night 2 Nathan Chant was leading on 116 points and doing all he needed to take pole.
My night 2 was better than night 1 with 2 easy heat wins, the car was on rails, Ed and Mick had done an excellent job and I was not letting the team down.
After each heat I watched the next heat run, I could not believe the speed of our division, racing was intense and faster than I had seen at Geraldton before, it was a credit to all the Ltd drivers and each one should stand proud of the show they put on.

The Geraldton Club also should be proud of the meeting they organised, the only complaint being there was no Corona in the bar.
Now a certain gentleman and I have crossed swords with on the electronic media many times a couple of years ago, but he should be praised for the track preparation, it was a great track to race on, so thanks, OTL/Skeeta/Peter McNamara or any other alias you travel under, we all the drivers thank you for the work you did.
So to the feature we had Nathan off pole and myself outside, first start Martin said I jumped and pulled us up, second start we were off and around the outside I went only to have Nathan drive back under coming off 2, I chased hard for several laps before drifting up in 3 and 4 and seeing Cale and Andrew Pedlar come by, 2 laps later and under the pair I went, only to have the front brake caliper jam and bend the disc in a spectacular explosion of steel bits, this turned me hard left and the right rear tagged the wall, this filled the rim with mud and a vibration had me thinking we had torn the drive out so I rolled infield to watch the race.
Again it was stunning to watch the speed of the cars, Nathan drove a mistake free race and had a well deserved win ahead of Cale and Mick McGuiness and Andrew Pedlar, Aldo was 8th and Gavin 9th.
So the Northerners got to keep the booty, and us Southeners came away with the minors, but even the minors were great prizes.

Crabby.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will not be displayed immediately as all comments will be reviewed for suitability by our moderators prior to allowing public display.