Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Mick Doble's weekend wrap up.

Thanks to Moora speedway for another great night of racing.

It would have to be the most enjoyable night I have had this season, there was no pressure just a good bunch of people to race with and some of the best racing I have been involved in for a long time.

The King brothers as always great to race with hard and fast and always up for a bit of fun, sorry Anthony about the guide post but I need all the help I can get when driving Fred's car.
All the other drivers sounded like they enjoyed the night too and the spectators were treated to some great racing.

I didn't know what the old car would be like so we decided to just hold it flat and hang on and that seemed to work most of the time.

I would like to thank all my crew that helped me get the old girl around on the night, that's Chris, Bloods, Mick, Justin, Kim and Riley. Its just a shame the person calling the shots decided to leave the tyres on that we had run all night instead of putting the new ones on that where sitting there just looking good. (yes that was me) This cost us in the feature after some great racing with Anthony for the first half dozen laps then leading for 10 or so laps, I could feel the tyres going off and on the first restart I was a sitting duck and expected to go to the rear real fast. I got some lucky breaks with more restarts but the fast cars did show me how it is done and the next time I saw them was in the pits after it was all over.


The points in the end went to
Anthony King
Mick Doble or was that Fred
Damien Joyce

Flintstone Racing would like to welcome a new sponsor on board in Bedrock Quarries and look forward to running the dinosaur some more this year, the little engine still pulls like a train and if we spend some time to set the car up it should be fast. Also if I put some tyres on it may help.

Once again thanks to Moora Speedway and all the volunteers that made the meeting happen also to Martin, Lillian and Peter who put in so much effort at every LSA meeting.

Thanks
Mick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will not be displayed immediately as all comments will be reviewed for suitability by our moderators prior to allowing public display.