Thursday, July 22, 2010

Time to go North

Hi all

Well after many weeks of work and lots of help from others we have 5 cars on the road to Tom Price.

I thought I was running late but Watto was still putting a motor into Ribs car as the trailers were being loaded, talk about last minute preparation.
Tried to call Watto this evening to check he had loaded the 4 drums of methanol but couldn't get him, hope he remembered or we will all be in the bar drinking after heat 1.

Have to thank Gavin and Geoff Davis for helping me put Annette's car together, it was a mammoth effort, especially those mongrel panels, what a piece of shit they were. Reckon I had them on and off 50 times, I did not even paint them they fitted so poorly, after Tom Price they are headed for the tip. I will get a set from the USA when I am over there for the nationals.
So sorry to Kris Coyle for the not to good looking race car, not up to my standards at all, but it will still go like a bat out of he'll, should be an interesting tussle between Kris and Rib, they will be up the pointy end in the low budget cars while Dhuy and I will be in the 2 biggest budget cars down the back, Glen will be in the car with the second hand pieces, but has 2 x new wings, reckon they are the first new bits that car has had in the last 2 seasons. He has had to pick through all the pieces off my car at the end of each season.
When I was doing my apprenticeship I had a mate whose dad must have been a Scotsman, the oil started out in the car, then got handed down to my mate Paul to put in his motorbike, from the motorbike it went into the lawn mower, that's how it is with Glen's race car, now he will have to line up after Annette to get the bits.

Hopefully Sandra Watson can load some film and pictures direct from Tom Price onto the web site on Saturday night, check the blog as we will try to keep it up to date heat by heat, we are taking our little blogging machine to the Knoxville track with us as well, so we should be able to keep you all updated as it happens.
Only 16 more sleeps till we go, bring it on.
Straight from the horses mouth- Danny Lasoski is coming over to WA to race for Luche Monte this year in some races. Source D Lasoski.

Catch you

Crabby



Location:Admiralty Crescent,Halls Head,Australia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will not be displayed immediately as all comments will be reviewed for suitability by our moderators prior to allowing public display.