Monday, November 23, 2009

Mango beer drowns sorrow.


Hi all,

I am in Broome on my way to our site on Koolan Island so I thought I would just put a few words in here.

We had our evening meal at a place called Matso's brewery, it makes the best beer around.
One of their top beers is Monsoonal Blonde, but they only sell it in bottles now, so we have to put up with a Mango Beer, it is fabulous and really has a mango flavour.
Tuesday morning at 6am we fly to Koolan Island, so today first thing we were on the phone before flying to get all our parts ordered to repair both cars, Parr Motorsports had the gear in stock and another call to Maxwill Motor sports and parts were on the way, a quick call to Murphy Race Cars about how much to strip off the car for the chassis repairs and the job was organised.
Now if everything turns up on time we will put the cars back together during the week leading up to the next Fast Friday.

Glen does not get another run until around the state title due to work and family commitments, this also means the budget may get a breather as it has not been a good start to the year.

In summary of what we have used in 2 cars this season.
1 x New motor failure- meeting 1 Me
1 x Old spare motor needed freshening after fuelling it up and dropping compression-meeting 2 Glen
1 x Diff/drive shaft/torque tube-meeting 3 Glen
1 x torque tube/drive shaft/jacobs ladder/top wing side panel-meeting 4 Glen
1 x right rear rim-meeting 4 Me
1 x front axle-meeting 4 Me
1 x front tyre and rim-meeting 4 Me
3 x radius rods-meeting 4 Me
1 x drag link-meeting 4 Me
1 x jacobs ladder-meeting 4 Me
What started out as a good sized budget has shrunk somewhat, bring back the simple life please.

Gavin gave me some driving tips at Kwinana, he took me down to the turn 3 wall and told me I drove like a man with no right foot, I thought for a minute he was going to toss me in the mud.
We had an animated discussion about where you should be turning in to the corner and whilst there I finally worked out why I kept hitting the ruts there, it would appear that where I thought they were 2 thirds of the way through the corner they were actually in the middle of the corner, once I realised that we ran a lot quicker in the feature and managed to get through without all the bouncing and launching into orbit.

Catch you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments will not be displayed immediately as all comments will be reviewed for suitability by our moderators prior to allowing public display.